MORRISTOWN, N.J., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is sponsoring two Arbor Day events next week that will include giving away 1,000 free tree seedlings. The events also feature several speakers on various planting and gardening techniques. The workshops will be held April 23, 2013, in Morristown and April 26, 2013, in Lincroft.
JCP&L's Arbor Day events will take place beginning at 10 a.m. at the following locations:
- April 23 -Frelinghuysen Arboretum- Haggerty Education Center353 East Hanover Avenue, Morristown
- April 26 – Thompson Park Visitors Center – Beech Room805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft
The seedling giveaways will take place, while supplies last, at each location from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. At least 500 seedlings will be available at each location, with a limit of one per household.
As part of the activities, JCP&L's certified tree experts will provide information about the best types of trees to plant to not interfere with power lines or other electrical equipment. In addition, the Morristown event will include a presentation by Master Gardener Bill Moran and the Lincroft event will include a presentation by Master Gardener Joel Whitman.The Arbor Day events are tied to the fact that JCP&L has been recognized for the 15 th consecutive year as a Tree Line USA award winner by the Arbor Day Foundation. Tree Line USA is a national program recognizing public and private utility companies for practices that protect and enhance America's urban forests. Tree Line USA standards include training employees in quality tree care practices, educating the public about planting trees for energy conservation and helping homeowners plant appropriate trees near utility lines. JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE). JCP&L serves 1.1 million customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL , or online at www.jcp-l.com . SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV