Equivio Announces Predictive Coding Seminar In San Francisco On April 29
KENSINGTON, Md., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Equivio, a provider of analytical solutions for e-discovery, today announced that it will be hosting an exclusive, full-day educational seminar on the essentials of predictive coding on April 29, 2013 in San Francisco. The seminar will be held at the Le Méridien San Francisco hotel.
This invitation-only complimentary event is focused on informing corporations and law firms on the "how" and "why" of predictive coding, the analytical technology that is transforming e-discovery. Using real-world case studies, this seminar provides the fundamental knowledge that litigators, e-discovery counsel, corporations and law firms need to use, manage and make decisions about the implementation of predictive coding technology.
The San Francisco event is the third seminar in Equivio's "Predictive Coding Educational Series." Feedback received from the first two events, held in December in New York and in March in Washington DC, demonstrated the participants' keen desire to learn more about predictive coding.
Steven L. Clark, Director of Litigation Support at Lathrop & Gage LLP, commented: "I attended the session in Washington DC. The event was well thought out, informative, and practical. Highly recommend it."Predictive coding is a learning technology that can be trained based on examples provided by a human user. In e-discovery, predictive coding is used to find relevant documents in a collection. Based on a relatively small number of exemplars, the software is able to distinguish between relevant and non-relevant documents across the entire repository. The seminar consists of sessions delivered by industry leaders in e-discovery and Equivio subject matter experts, and will be moderated by David Cowen of The Cowen Group. The San Francisco event will include sessions with Kit Goetz, Vice President, Litigation Discovery at Qualcomm and Pallab Chakraborty, Director of eDiscovery at Oracle. The agenda covers the following topics:
- Basic statistical concepts used in predictive coding, including richness, recall and precision
- High-level overview of classification technologies and concepts for both lawyers and technologists
- Use case scenarios, including early case assessment, culling, prioritized review, and quality assurance for review
- Guidelines for a predictive coding engagement, reviewing a standard process flow for managing predictive coding projects
- How to select a predictive coding tool for your organization, including a baseline set of expectations and criteria for the evaluation of predictive coding applications
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV