A number of Verizon customers would like the same deal. So far it's only a small portion of Verizon's reportedly 99 million retail subscribers have actually signed the petition. But, even without a massive amount of publicity, more than 30,000 people, from all across the country, have affixed their names to it in one day.
Beauchamp's point is one that deserves wide publicity: "Tell Verizon to end carrier contracts and create an affordable way for consumers to purchase their devices," he says.
The petition needs a total of 150,000 signatures to be sent onto Verizon officials.
--Written by Gary Krakow in New York.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV