Ulrich Wins 2013 Ken Purdy Award - Honored For Excellence In Automotive Journalism
IMPA established the award in 1972 in memory of Ken Purdy, considered by many as perhaps the best auto writer this country has produced, and author of the seminal 1949 automotive tome Kings of the Road. Purdy was editor of Parade and True in the 1940s and '50s before he became a freelance writer who contributed both fiction short stories and automotive pieces to Playboy magazine.
Eligible works for the award include a newspaper or magazine article, a book, a script resulting in a film or video, or an online piece. Regardless of the nature of the entry, publication or release must have been during the calendar year preceding the award presentation.
IMPA, one of the country's oldest organizations of automotive journalists and public-relations professionals, was founded 52 years ago in New York City. During its history, IMPA has spawned similar organizations, while continuing to provide its members with a convivial meeting place and links through modern communication technologies. Membership includes journalists from all media – print, broadcast and online – as well as public-relations representatives of the world's major automotive manufacturers and suppliers. All members share the same privileges of membership, whether they are journalists or public-relations professionals.
Further information, including details on membership and the Ken Purdy Award, can be found at www.impa.org.SOURCE International Motor Press Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV