Ulrich Wins 2013 Ken Purdy Award - Honored For Excellence In Automotive Journalism
NEW YORK, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Motor Press Association named Lawrence Ulrich winner of the 2013 Ken Purdy Award for excellence in automotive journalism for "Wins & Loses," ( www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1211_wins_and_losses) his heartfelt sojourn through automotive heartland published in the November 2012 issue of Automobile Magazine.
"The road trip is an all-too-familiar journey for automotive writers that frequently dead-ends in truisms and cliche," said Alex Taylor, senior editor at large for Fortune and a Purdy Award judge. "But Lawrence Ulrich weaves nostalgia for the past with a realistic understanding of the economics of the present into a rich account of a city and an industry.
"With a deft touch, Ulrich allows the car – a new Z06 Chevrolet Corvette – he is driving play a supporting role to memories from his youth and his thoughts about the future.""It's a great honor to win the Ken Purdy Award," said Ulrich, chief auto critic for The New York Times , whose work also appears in Road & Track, Popular Science, Details and Yahoo! Autos. "Especially for a subject that means a lot to me: The care, feeding and fate of my Motown hometown." According to IMPA President David Kiley, "the Ken Purdy Award is one of the few journalism awards left that specifically recognizes excellence in covering the auto industry. Lawrence Ulrich's piece for Automobile stood out among an outstanding list of entries that included books, magazines, podcasts, online video, as well as magazine and newspaper content. "There is a lot of great work and good story telling around the auto industry going on across all media."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV