VANCOUVER, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Prima Fluorspar Corp. (TSX-V: PF) (" Prima" or the " Company") is pleased to announce that at the open of market today, its common shares began trading on the TSX Venture Exchange (the " TSX-V"). Prima is expanding a historic fluorspar resource* at its Liard Fluorspar Property in Northern British Columbia.
"Fluorspar (fluorite) is indispensable to our modern existence," explains Robert Bick, CEO of Prima. "We use it every day. It is an integral part of consumer products like Teflon® and GORE-TEX®, refrigeration, aluminum and steel smelting, medicines, cement and petroleum-based fuels."
"Astonishingly," adds Mr. Bick, "there are no fluorspar mines in Canada or USA. Prima's large fluorspar property in British Columbia has a historic resource, easy access and mineralization at surface. With 30 km of strike length, our geo team believes that this property has the potential to become a major fluorspar producer."
"Our management team has just the right combination of technical, marketing and financial expertise required in an early stage company. Our industry partners, Zimtu Capital Corp. and 49 North Inc. provide support critical in today's challenging markets."HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT PRIMA'S HISTORIC RESOURCE*
- 3.2 million tonnes at an average grade of 32% fluorspar*
- Mineralization at surface
- 30 km strike length
- Metallurgical Testing: 97% CaF 2*
- 22,500 ha (55,000 acres), 100%-owned claims
- Easy access, on Alaska Highway in British Columbia
- No fluorspar mines in Canada or USA
- Uses: Refrigeration, aluminum and steel smelting , consumer products like Teflon® and GORE-TEX®, medicines, cement, and petroleum-based fuels
- $2.4 billion/annum market
- North American Purchasers: Chemical Companies - Dupont, Honeywell; Aluminum Producers: Rio Tinto Alcan ( Kitimat)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts