NEW YORK, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- XL Group is expanding its footprint and boosting its insurance underwriting operations with new additions to its Primary Casualty, Excess Casualty, Marine, Construction and Regional Management teams in Atlanta.
" Atlanta is the global headquarters to many multinational firms, including several of our Fortune 500 clients, and the primary insurance hub of the Southeastern US," according to Greg Hendrick, Chief Executive Officer of XL Group's global insurance operations. "It is a city where our business relationships and opportunities certainly continue to grow. That's why we're pleased to put more underwriting and product line expertise there. We'll be more accessible to work closely with our brokers and clients and find optimal insurance solutions that can address their day-to-day operational risks as well as their more challenging risks."
"To manage the expanding office and drive profitable growth in XL Group's Southeast Regional, Kim Reed, is returning to the region to assume the role of client distribution leader," said Uwe Schoberth, head of XL Group's Regional Management and Distribution in North America. "Originally from the Atlanta area, Kim most recently headed up our excess casualty business' healthcare team in Bermuda. We're delighted that colleagues, like Kim, don't shy away from new career challenges. With her underwriting expertise and strong reputation with our clients and brokers, we have no doubt that Kim will achieve a lot in Atlanta."
In her new role, Kim will work closely with Atlanta-based brokers, connecting them with all of XL's businesses to help them address their clients' multi-line insurance needs. Kim's 25-year insurance career includes underwriting, sales and marketing experience with XL as well as Arch, Marsh, Ace and Liberty Mutual.XL Group's additional new Atlanta colleagues are:
- Catherine Jakubowicz joins XL as vice president and executive excess casualty underwriter, bringing extensive experience in both Excess Casualty and Lead Umbrella experience. Cathy's nearly 20 years of casualty underwriting experience has been gained with positions at Allied World, Arch, AIG, and AON. Most recently, Cathy served as Regional Underwriting Manager of Excess Casualty for AIG in Atlanta.
- Russell Edwards will lead XL risk management operations for the southeast region. Russ is an experienced primary casualty underwriter and comes to XL from AIG where he most recently served as a National Accounts underwriter. He is an active member of the South Carolina Air National Guard.
- Gary Wallace joins XL's Atlanta office as executive marine underwriter . Gary has more than 27 years of underwriting experience, starting with Crum and Forster as an Inland Marine Trainee and has worked for Reliance, Royal, Atlantic Mutual and most recently Travelers. Gary is very active in the Atlanta Inland Marine community and has served on the Southeast Advisory Committee of the IMUA for the past 17 years.
- Mary Primm also joins XL as an executive marine underwriter. She adds more than 30 years of underwriting experience as an Inland/Property underwriter working for Allstate, Hanover, William H McGee, FF, Atlantic Mutual and Travelers.
- Kristen Francis joins XL Group's North America Construction team as a ssistant vice president and senior underwriter specializing in property. Kristen's 15 years of underwriting experience were largely at Zurich Construction, and she has also worked at Chubb, ACE, and OneBeacon/International Marine Underwriters.
- Stephen Hoofnagle joins XL's North America Property team as vice pre sident and risk consultant . Steve has more than 27 years of engineering /loss prevention engineering experience, gathered with positions at Westinghouse Electric, Sun Alliance USA, and most recently FM Global.