Boston Police Hunt for Second Suspect in Marathon Bombing: Reports
This story has been updated with information about the manhunt in Cambridge and Watertown, Mass.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Police in Boston were hunting for a second a suspect in Monday's Marathon bombing, focusing their attention in Cambridge and the nearby adjacent city of Watertown, according to press reports from the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.
SWAT teams and FBI agents were going door-to-door in Watertown in pursuit of Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, one of two suspects identified as allegedly planting the bombs that killed three people and maimed scores of bystanders and runners, a government official told the Globe. All vehicular traffic has been banned in Watertown while public transportation in and around the metro area has been suspended, according to the report.
The Herald reports that residents in Boston, Watertown, Cambridge, Newton, Waltham, Belmont and elsewhere have been ordered to stay home with doors locked.Early on Friday, another suspect, Tsarnaev's brother, Tamerlan, 26, was killed in a firefight with police and FBI agents following the shooting of a university officer, according to reports from the Boston Globe and Associated Press. The AP reported that the suspects are from a Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency. Dozens of police also raided a home in Cambridge where the brothers were believed to have lived, the report said. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV