NEW YORK -- Caterpillar (CAT), the world's largest maker of construction and mining equipment, is expected by analysts on Monday to post first-quarter earnings of $1.40 a share on revenue of $13.7 billion.
In the same quarter a year earlier, Caterpillar earned $2.37 a share on revenue of $15.98 billion.
Netflix (NFLX), the video-streaming service, is expected by Wall Street to report earnings of 18 cents a share in the first quarter on revenue of $1.02 billion. The report from Netflix is expected after markets close on Monday. In January, Netflix forecast that it would have 28.5 million to 29.2 million U.S. streaming subscribers as of March 31, the end of the first quarter. Netflix ended 2012 with 27.1 million U.S. streaming subscribers. At $1,500, Your Next TV Could Be Ultra-High-Definition
Halliburton (HAL), the oilfield services company, is projected to post earnings of 57 cents a share in the first quarter on revenue of $6.88 billion.
Wall Street expects US Airways (LCC) to report first-quarter earnings of 28 cents a share on revenue of $3.37 billion. American CEO: US Airways Lucks Out When It Joins Oneworld
ABB said Monday it would pay about $1.03 billion to buy renewable energy company Power-One (PWER) to expand its solar operations.
Toy company Hasbro (HAS) is forecast to post first-quarter earnings of 4 cents a share on revenue of $638.8 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV