Parent and Stock
GE in February increased its common share buyback authorization to $35 billion from $25 billion. The company repurchased $1.9 worth of shares during the first quarter. Immelt has previously said the company's 2013 share repurchases would total about $10 billion.
General Electric's shares have returned 4% year-to-date, following a 21% return during 2012.
Based on a quarterly payout of 19 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.49%.The shares trade for 13.0 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $1.67. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.67. Interested in more on General Electric? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV