NEW YORK and LONDON, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, announced that it has garnered high honours for gender equality in the workplace for a second consecutive year from The Times of London and 'Opportunity Now', the gender campaign from Business in the Community. With more than 5,500 UK-based employees, BNY Mellon features prominently in The Times' annual list of the UK's Top 50 Employers for Women, as both a corporate entity and for the extraordinary leadership of Sheena Wilson, the company's global head of talent strategy, who earned the "Directing Diverse Talent" award at a ceremony in central London last night.
Kathryn Nawrockyi, director of Opportunity Now, said: "Sheena impressed us with her personal drive to challenge the status quo and because she was able to hard wire diversity and inclusion into the company's leadership agenda. By successfully integrating diversity and inclusion into the personal development plans for every BNY Mellon employee around the globe, Sheena has ensured real accountability across the organisation. With Sheena, strategic action and results are complemented by a deep personal commitment to advance diversity and inclusion as a business imperative. Accordingly, at BNY Mellon, Sheena capitalises on her global remit to share best practices in support of excellent talent wherever she goes, which makes her an authentic, passionate and influential role model."
For nearly two decades, the Opportunity Now Awards have highlighted the industry leadership, outperformance and influence of top performing businesses throughout the UK that also strive for gender equity in the workplace. The elite group of companies selected to the list demonstrates a commitment to actively recruiting, retaining and progressing female talent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV