DEARBORN, Mich. and SAN DIEGO, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Collaboration pairs Ford C-MAX Energi and other energy-efficient technologies with KB Home's ZeroHouse 2.0 model home to showcase affordable sustainable living
- KB Home to feature Ford's MyEnergi Lifestyle® in ZeroHouse 2.0 in San Marcos, Calif.
- ZeroHouse 2.0 represents the next generation of energy-efficient home design that can help lower cost of home ownership compared to a typical resale home. A fully optioned ZeroHouse 2.0 could entirely eliminate monthly electricity charges
- With a starting price of $29,995, Ford C-MAX Energi is America's most affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) and KB Home (NYSE: KBH) today announce that products from the Ford-led initiative MyEnergi Lifestyle® will be featured in the homebuilder's ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif., and potentially in additional KB Home markets.
The relationship between these two innovative leaders is intended to raise awareness of MyEnergi Lifestyle benefits and provide a showcase for electric-powered vehicles, solar power systems and smart appliances. The initiative will demonstrate how the typical American family can potentially save money while reducing their impact on the environment by combining a highly efficient home design with the latest in smart home technology and an affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle.
MyEnergi Lifestyle works by leveraging technology so key energy-consuming devices in a home use less energy, while also shifting energy usage to less expensive periods. At night, for example, when energy costs are lower, a smart refrigerator can perform high-energy tasks like ice making or defrosting – just as Ford's plug-in vehicles do with recharging.At an event today in San Marcos, Ford's all-new C-MAX Energi was on display and plugged into ZeroHouse 2.0's built-in electric vehicle charge station, which is engineered to charge the vehicle during off-peak hours for maximum cost efficiency. C-MAX Energi boasts an impressive 100 MPGe combined, according to the EPA, plus – unlike others in the segment – returns "real car" performance with up to 195 horsepower, engaging driving dynamics and a quiet interior. With a starting price of $29,995, C-MAX Energi is America's most affordable plug-in hybrid. "KB Home is a leader in incorporating state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, and we're thrilled to feature MyEnergi Lifestyle products in these homes," said Mike Tinskey, Ford global director of vehicle electrification and infrastructure. "The home and vehicle share a common 'fuel' called electricity, now more than ever. Our commitment to sustainability compels us to work collaboratively to find technology solutions that are greater than the sum of the parts." The future of net-zero energy ZeroHouse 2.0 continues a national rollout of the net-zero energy home options KB Home began in fall 2011. The ZeroHouse 2.0 in San Marcos pushes the envelope even more, as it's the first WaterSense-labeled home built in San Diego County, and includes both a comprehensive Schneider Electric Wiser™ Home Management System and all-new Whirlpool smart appliances that incorporate Whirlpool® 6th Sense Live™ technology. The Wiser Home Management System allows homeowners to monitor energy consumption, and provides automation control via a Web-based portal or mobile application. This marks the first time these innovative products have been used by a production homebuilder. Whirlpool's smart products allow homeowners to monitor and program their appliances through wireless networks, providing greater convenience and control over energy consumption. With Whirlpool 6th Sense Live, homeowners can set their appliances so their highest energy consumption activities happen at times when electricity rates are lowest. They can also receive alerts about the status of their smart appliances – all from their smartphones or computers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV