Minister Of State Wong Discusses Seniors' Issues While In China And Japan
OTTAWA, April 18, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors), was pleased to meet with international counterparts and stakeholders to discuss seniors' issues while on a recent trade mission to China and Japan with the Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway.
"During my visit, I had the opportunity to engage with organizations to discuss not only the challenges and opportunities presented by our aging populations, but also to share best practices," said Minister of State Wong. "We all share the same objective: to advance the overall well-being of seniors and encourage them to stay active, engaged and informed in their communities."
Minister of State Wong met with individuals and various organizations including: Japan's Minister of Justice, Mr. Sadakazu Tanigaki, to discuss their approach to protecting seniors from various forms of elder abuse; Mr. Matthew Cheung Kin-chung, Secretary of Labour and Welfare, Hong Kong SAR, to discuss efforts which promote the financial security of seniors; as well as with Mr. Chen Chuanshu, Executive Vice President of the Chinese National Committee on Aging, to discuss demographic change and approaches to enhancing seniors' participation in their communities.
Minister of State Wong was pleased to discuss the Government's actions to improve the lives of seniors, such as the New Horizons for Seniors Program and; the collaborative Age-Friendly Communities Initiative; as well as the development of the seniors.gc.ca website, a central resource for seniors that provides quick and easy access to all government-related benefits, programs and initiatives.For more information on Government of Canada programs and initiatives for seniors, please visit www.seniors.gc.ca. This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV