SEATTLE, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Coaches from Seattle-area middle and high schools, colleges and universities, and community leagues are invited to attend a free training session on May 7 to learn how to develop, mentor and lead young men and help build their character.
The Verizon Foundation and A CALL TO MEN – a leading national violence prevention organization – will bring the final installment of their national training series, entitled A Call To Coaches: Your Voice Counts, to CenturyLink Field in Seattle from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on May 7. Coaches as well as community leaders who work with youths can register for the session by emailing email@example.com. Attendees will be capped at 300.
This half-day, interactive seminar is designed to equip coaches and community leaders with resources to prevent abusive behaviors by promoting respect, non-violence and healthy relationships. More than 700 coaches and community leaders at previous sessions in Charlotte, N.C., and Baltimore have pledged to use their power of authority and leadership to encourage boys and young men to have a healthy and respectful manhood.
The Seattle session will bring together several members of the NFL community and domestic violence prevention advocates, including Jon Kitna, former Seahawks quarterback; CBS Sportscaster James Brown; and Tony Porter and Ted Bunch, co-founders of A CALL TO MEN."Healthy relationships begin with respect," said Bunch. "Breaking down traditional stereotypes about manhood is essential, and that begins in the locker room. Coaches need to take the lead and set the right examples and call players out when they are in the wrong."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV