April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Society for Information Display (SID), the leading global organization dedicated to the advancement of electronic display technology, in collaboration with IHS Conferences, today unveiled the final agenda for its Business Conference taking place during Display Week 2013 (
May 19-24) in
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Occurring on
Monday, May 20, the theme of this year's one-day event is "Paths to a Healthier Display Industry." As such, leading experts from the display supply chain will examine ways to not only improve the industry, but also to drive advancements in major product categories including television and mobile devices.
"We are pleased to collaborate with IHS again this year," stated SID's President,
Brian Berkeley. "The topics we are prioritizing at this year's conference, including mobile wave, next generation television, market impact of advanced technologies, and industry financial and investment outlook, will readily allow attendees to gain understanding into the best opportunities for the display industry. A broad spectrum of experts will provide essential insights and meaningful analysis that will benefit all attendees. There will also be many networking opportunities to build new relationships with both experts and attendees in these critical areas."
IHS/SID 2013 Business Conference Agenda:
- Welcome Address: Brian Berkeley, President, SID
- Introduction: Glenn Bassett, Vice President, Strategic Business Development, IHS
- Display Market Outlook: Sweta Dash, Senior Director Display Research and Strategy, IHS
Session I: Strategies for Mobile Wave – This presentation and panel session will focus on the growth opportunities for next-generation mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets and ultrabooks. New technology trends in LCD, OLED, high resolution and touch screen displays will also be discussed.
Session II: Strategies for the Next-Generation TV Market –
- Michael Sun, Vice President, AUO
- Hiroyuki Ohshima, Deputy Chief Technology Officer, JDI
- Vladislav Martynov, CEO, Yota Devices
- Sri Peruvemba, CMO, Cambrios Technologies
- Scott Soong, CEO, ChiLin/Pervasive Displays
- Art Lathrop, Marketing Development Manager, 3M Optical Systems
- Brian Gally, Senior Director of Product Development, Qualcomm
- Linda Reinhard, Vice President of Business Development for Sapphire, GT Advanced Technologies
- Zane Ball, Vice President of Architecture and General Manager of PCCG Global Ecosystem Development, Intel
- Rhoda Alexander, Director of Tablet and Monitor Research, IHS
This presentation and panel session will strive to answer the key questions determining the future of the television business.
Session III: New Technology: Opportunities for Growth/Component Outlook
- Mike Lucas, Senior Vice President, Sony Electronic s
- Bruce Berkoff, CMO, Cbrite
- Professor Ho Kyoon Chung, Ph.D., Chair Professor, Sungkyunkwan University and former EVP of Samsung Mobile Display
– This presentation and panel session will analyze new segments within the display industry and provide the future outlook for each.
Session IV: Financial and Investment Outlook: Cost and Profitability Issues –
- Yoshiaki Tamura, CTO, AGC
- Roman Maisch, Senior Vice President, Merck
- Dr. Sven Murano, Head of Product Management, OLED, Novaled
- Dr, Jun Souk, Professor, Hanyang University (Former EVP, Samsung Electronics)
This presentation and panel session will evaluate the financial outlook for the display market, looking at profitability concerns, CAPEX outlook and growth opportunities.
- David Barnes, Prinicipal & Owner, BizWi t z LLC
- Jed Dorsheimer, Managing Director Display Research Equity Lighting, Cannaccord Genuity
- Closing Analysis: Peter Kwon, Head of Display Research, IHS
The Business Conference will be held on
Monday, May 20
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
, at the Vancouver Convention Center. A networking cocktail reception will follow. For more information on how to register, visit
. The cost to attend this event is
if registration is completed before
after; registered media may attend at no cost. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact
. Media interested in attending Display Week can contact
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in
, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs more than 6,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
About Display Week
SID International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, Display Week 2013, will take place
May 19-24, 2013
, at the
Convention Center in
, Canada. Display Week is the premier international gathering of scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users in the field of electronic information displays. For more information on Display Week 2013, visit
or follow us on Twitter at
. Display Week-related tweets can be created, viewed, and shared using the hash tag #SID2013.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on information displays. By exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry's best new products. With more than 6,000 members worldwide, the organization's members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID's global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114,
95008. For more information, visit
SOURCE Society for Information Display (SID)