- Tax charge of $0.3 million resulting from the filing of tax returns by foreign subsidiaries for periods prior to their acquisition by EFI.
- Tax benefit of $3.4 million from the retroactive renewal of both the 2012 U.S. federal research and development tax credit and certain international tax provisions on January 2, 2013. The tax benefit for these items had been previously recognized in our non-GAAP net income for the year ended December 31, 2012
Usefulness of Non-GAAP Financial Information to Investors
These non-GAAP measures are not in accordance with or an alternative to GAAP and may be materially different from other non-GAAP measures, including similarly titled non-GAAP measures, used by other companies. The presentation of this additional information should not be considered in isolation from, as a substitute for, or superior to, net income or earnings per diluted share prepared in accordance with GAAP. Non-GAAP financial measures have limitations as they do not reflect certain items that may have a material impact upon our reported financial results. We expect to continue to incur expenses of a nature similar to the non-GAAP adjustments described above, and exclusion of these items from our non-GAAP net income and non-GAAP earnings per diluted share should not be construed as an inference that these costs are unusual, infrequent, or non-recurring.
CONTACT: Vincent Pilette Chief Financial Officer EFI 650-357-3500 Investor Relations: JoAnn Horne Market Street Partners 415-445-3235
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts