ALLENTOWN, Pa., April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) announced Thursday (4/18) that David K. Arthur, who has more than 20 years of Washington experience, has been named the company's Federal Government Relations vice president.
Arthur will replace Paulette C. Pidcock, who is retiring May 1 after more than three decades of representing major companies in the U.S. utility sector. She has served as PPL's vice president of Federal Government Relations for eight years.
"We thank Paulette for her outstanding service to PPL over the past eight years and we congratulate her on a truly remarkable career in the utility industry. While we certainly will miss her superb insights and counsel, we wish her all the best in what I'm sure will be a very active retirement," said Joanne H. Raphael, PPL senior vice president and Chief External Affairs Officer."We are very fortunate to have someone with Dave's experience, knowledge and energy to step into this important role in our Washington, D.C., office," said Raphael. "We are very confident that Dave will add to PPL's legacy of active, substantive involvement in the important issues facing the utility sector." Arthur, currently senior director of Federal Government Relations for PPL, joined the company in 2009. Prior to joining PPL, he spent several years as director of Federal Legislative Affairs for Calpine Corporation. Before that, he worked for 10 years as a federal lobbyist for a Midwestern law firm, where he represented a variety of entities, including rural electric cooperatives, financial service companies, municipalities, universities and large automotive manufacturers. Prior to working in government relations, Arthur spent five years in the federal government, working on both Capitol Hill and at the Environmental Protection Agency.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV