3 Stocks Pushing The Specialty Retail Industry Higher
2. As of noon trading, AutoNation ( AN) is up $1.16 (2.73) to $43.64 on heavy volume Thus far, 654,745 shares of AutoNation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 636,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.43-$47.49 after having opened the day at $44.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.48. AutoNation, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Domestic, Import, and Premium Luxury. AutoNation has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates AutoNation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full AutoNation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts