DULUTH, Minn., April 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IKONICS Corporation (Nasdaq:IKNX), a Duluth-based imaging technology company, announced today that it is working with Lockheed Martin, a global aerospace company, to develop a new method of machining ceramic matrix composite (CMC) materials using Ikonics' proprietary particle beam technology.
"CMC is notoriously difficult to machine because of its hardness and non-uniformity. Our technology eliminates edge damage to the material caused by remelt with lasers or delamination with waterjet or mechanical machining methods," said Karl Shaw, Ikonics' Chief Technology Officer.
CONTACT: IKONICS Corporation 4832 Grand Avenue Duluth, MN 55807 USA Phone: (218) 628-2217 Fax: (218 628-3245 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.ikonics.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV