April 18, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- McCann Worldgroup today announced several leadership promotions.
- Michael Mclaren, currently President, MRM East & Global Client Solutions Director, has been named worldwide President, MRM.
- Chris Macdonald, Chief Executive, McCann London, has been promoted to the role of President, McCann New York reporting to Luca Lindner, President of McCann Worldgroup, Americas, Africa and Middle East.
- Hank Summy, currently President McCann North America, has been named to the new global role of President, Commerce, MRM.
- Andy Jacobs adds global responsibility to his role of Chief Technology Officer at MRM. Mclaren, Summy and Jacobs will report to Bill Kolb, CEO, MRM.
- Rob Doubal and Laurence Thomson, Co-Executive Creative Directors of McCann London, have been promoted to the new role of Co-Presidents and Chief Creative Officers of McCann London, reporting to Gustavo Martinez, President, McCann Worldgroup Europe, Asia & Pacific.
- Momentum Worldwide also recently expanded its top management ranks with the promotion of Kevin McNulty to the newly created position of President, International.
"The year has started with some terrific new wins and organic growth across our businesses," said
, Chairman and CEO of McCann Worldgroup. "Our leaders have a real passion for the work we do, along with all the energy and the skills required to help lead our agencies and to deliver multiplatform creative and strategic ideas that build our clients' brands and drive growth."
has worked at McCann Worldgroup for more than a decade and has led some of the network's biggest clients and regions. Currently, as President of MRM East, Mclaren provides executive leadership for operations across MRM New York,
. He delivers full oversight for financial, product delivery, talent development and growth goals. In addition, Mclaren holds the critical role of Global Client Solutions Director across many of MRM's key clients, where he develops opportunities and drives product excellence and growth.
joined McCann London in 2005. Under his leadership, the agency has experienced considerable success, winning over
in new billings, major creative awards for American Airlines, Heinz and Xbox work, and was named one of
's three best agencies by
. McCann London also was a key member of the McCann Worldgroup team that handled the successful marketing for the
2012 Olympics. Recently,
has won several new accounts, including General Mill's Nature Valley, and has been appointed to the UK Government's Marketing Communications roster.
McCann North America
as President in
, with management oversight for McCann agencies across the U.S. and
and a focus on McCann's flagship
office. Previously, Summy was Managing Director of SapientNitro, a top-10 ranked U.S. digital agency. When Sapient acquired Nitro in 2009, Summy led the successful integration of the two companies, including defining the value proposition and operating model for the combined entity globally. Summy earlier headed Operations & Business Development for
-based SR Research.
is responsible for growth across MRM's technology business, focusing on new business development and driving organic growth within the Agency's top 25 global clients. Jacobs also leads Global Partnerships, ensuring the continued quality of the overall technology product across MRM's top 10 global clients. Additionally, Jacobs heads the ongoing development of the MRM technology community to drive best practices, share key trends, identify key talent and support cross-fertilization of technology engagements.
Rob Doubal and
, who joined McCann London from Wieden + Kennedy in
, will provide creative leadership and vision for the agency in their new role as Co-Presidents and Chief Creative Officers. Doubal and Thomson will be supported by the McCann London management team, consisting of:
, Chief Strategy Officer;
, Chief Operating Officer;
, Chief Financial Officer;
, Head of Client Services; and
, Chief Growth Officer.
About McCann Worldgroup
McCann Worldgroup, part of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), is a leading global marketing company with 23,000 employees in more than 120 countries comprising
(advertising), MRM (digital marketing/relationship management), Momentum (event marketing/promotion), McCann Health (professional/dtc communications), CRAFT (global adaptation and production), UM (media management), Weber Shandwick (public relations), and FutureBrand (consulting/design).
SOURCE McCann Worldgroup