Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 4/22/13, Putnam Premier Income Trust (PPT) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.026, payable on 5/1/13. As a percentage of PPT's recent stock price of $5.53, this dividend works out to approximately 0.47%.
Below is a dividend history chart for PPT, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.026 declared by Putnam Premier Income Trust:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from PPT is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 5.64% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of PPT shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, PPT's low point in its 52 week range is $5.18 per share, with $5.90 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $5.53.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, PPT makes up 1.31% of the CEF Income Composite Portfolio ETF (PCEF) which is trading up by about 0.1% on the day Thursday. In Thursday trading, Putnam Premier Income Trust shares are currently trading flat on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV