FISHERS, Ind., April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Throughout the week of April 22 and culminating on Saturday, April 27, approximately 1,000 local Comcast employees, their families and friends will "make change happen" as they lend a hand at several community organizations to commemorate Comcast's 12 th Comcast Cares Day.
"We're honored to partner with so many great Indiana organizations on a variety of projects to improve our community during our 12 th Comcast Cares Day," said Tim Collins, Regional Senior Vice President for Comcast Cable. "The hard work of the volunteers who will be donating their time to help make such a big difference in the lives of others is inspiring, and I am thankful to all of our participants who are helping to make Comcast Cares Day a success."
Comcast Cares Day is Comcast Cable's and NBCUniversal's signature day of service, and the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. This year, the Company expects more than 70,000 Comcast volunteers to participate in over 600 projects across the country, and for the first time, will expand internationally with NBCUniversal operating various project sites in London, England. Comcast also expects to achieve another important milestone of three million volunteer hours and half a million volunteers since Comcast Cares Day started in 2001.
The following Comcast Cares Day volunteer projects will take place in Indiana:Week of April 22
- Indiana Blood Center and American Red Cross ( Bloomington, Columbus, Fishers, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Muncie) – blood drives with at various blood centers and Comcast facilities
- Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis ( Indianapolis) – outdoor cleanup and painting projects
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV