PITTSBURGH, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Randall M. Albert, chief operating officer of gas operations for CONSOL Energy (NYSE: CNX), was named a Distinguished Alumnus of Virginia Tech, Friday during the university's annual awards and scholarship banquet.
Albert, a 1980 graduate of Virginia Tech, holds a degree in mining engineering, and has made his career with CONSOL Energy, having worked with the company for 34 years.The award, which honors a Virginia Tech alumnus based on his or her professional career and accomplishments, was presented by Dr. Michael Karmis, the Stonie Barker Professor for the Department of Mining and Minerals Engineering and director of the Virginia Center for Coal and Energy Research (VCCER) at Virginia Tech. Karmis recognized Albert and CONSOL Energy's Virginia gas division which have made contributions to ongoing research into carbon capture and storage in the Virginia coalfields, donating the use of wells and staff time to explore the opportunities that might exist for carbon storage in unmineable coal seams. In accepting the award, a bronzed statue of a miner, Albert thanked the department for selecting him and said he was truly honored to have been selected as a 2013 recipient. He noted Virginia Tech always had a special place in his heart and he said he was forever grateful for the role Virginia Tech has played in his career, recognizing the dedicated faculty which continues to teach the engineering students of today. "I'm going to offer you a bit of advice and that is to establish a set of core values as you go through life – integrity that you always do what is right; respect, for your employer and its mission and your employees; stand for the environment and respect it; and vision – look to the future and hold true to your values," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV