NEW YORK, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IAC (NASDAQ: IACI) today announced that Mandy Ginsberg has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Tutor.com, the online education solution which was acquired by IAC in January 2013, effective immediately. Ginsberg previously served as CEO of IAC's flagship U.S. dating service, Match.com. George Cigale, Tutor.com's founder, will remain as Founder and Chairman. Amarnath Thombre will assume Ginsberg's responsibilities as President of Match, North America. Thombre was previously Match.com's Chief Strategy Officer. In addition, Sharmistha Dubey, Match.com's Chief Product Officer, will also join Tutor.com where she will be responsible for product and technology.
"Mandy and Shar are as good as it gets in the consumer internet space, and George and his team have built a powerful asset at Tutor," said Greg Blatt, CEO of IAC. "Combined, I really believe Tutor.com can be a real growth area for IAC in years to come. Additionally, I feel great about the situation at Match, where Amarnath, who has been integral to Match's growth for so long, and Sam Yagan, the CEO of the Match segment, should drive our dating business forward to continued growth and success for the foreseeable future."
"Before IAC bought the company, my 9 th grade daughter was a Tutor.com customer," said Ginsberg, "So I know firsthand what a valuable service George and his team have created. We believe we can transform and innovate the product to become a widely appealing consumer product effective at all levels of education, from grade school to professional training. We see limitless opportunity, and I'm really excited to join the management team."
After pairing up to help launch Chemistry.com for Match in 2006, Ginsberg and Dubey moved over to run Match.com's flagship U.S. brand in 2008, which achieved substantial growth during their five-year tenure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV