HOLMDEL, N.J., Apr. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Vonage announced that its mobile suite has become even sweeter with the addition of video calling to its free, high-definition communications app, Vonage Mobile®, for iPhone® and Android™ devices. With this new upgrade, Vonage Mobile continues to bring together the most popular features of mobile communications into one simple, holistic and multi-functional app. Users can now make free video calls over 3G/4G 1 and Wi-Fi, with easy-to-navigate, face-to-face interaction with anyone else who has the app – wherever and whenever they choose.
"Vonage Mobile was created to match and exceed consumer demand for mobility, functionality and ease-of-use while offering great quality at little to no cost," said Grady Leno, vice president of product management, Mobile Services for Vonage. "With the addition of video calling, we've combined the most popular communications features into one app, giving Vonage Mobile users the ability to connect face-to-face with their family and friends anywhere in the world."
A Closer Look at Video Calling Features
Vonage has built a robust mobile platform with the ability to deliver high-quality voice, messaging, and now video communications, across data networks for iOS and Android devices. Users have the ability to call, text, share photos, voice notes and locations with other Vonage Mobile users for free, worldwide. Now with video calling, they can:
- Make video calls with other Vonage Mobile users for free, whether on iPhone or Android
- Seamlessly switch camera views from front to back without disrupting the call
- Go from voice-only calling to video calling during a single call
- Invite address book contacts and Facebook friends to download the app and start video calling for free
- Ultra low-cost international long-distance calling to landline and mobile phones in more than 200 countries with rates 70-80 percent less than major mobile carriers and, on average, 30 percent less than Skype's pay-per-minute rates 2
- In-app purchase of long-distance calling credits
- Seamless use of existing mobile phone identity and contact list
- Hands-free calling using Bluetooth™
- Ability to use Wi-Fi and 3G/4G wireless data networks worldwide
- Limited-time free calling to phone numbers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico