NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Friday, April 19:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were eyeing a higher open Friday, pointing to a rebound after stocks slid to their lowest point in weeks even after bellwether General Electric (GE) booked mixed results, and following Microsoft's (MSFT) and Google's (GOOG) upbeat reports.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Friday is bare.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Thursday finished with losses. The S&P 500 lost 0.7% to close at 1,541.61.
4. -- One of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing is dead after the killing of a university officer and a shootout with police, and a massive manhunt is underway for the other, authorities said early Friday.
5. -- General Electric (GE) posted first-quarter adjusted earnings on Friday of 35 cents a share, in-line with analysts' estimates.
6. -- Blackstone (BX) ended its pursuit of Dell (DELL), three people familiar with the matter told Reuters. The move by Blackstone eases the way for founder Michael Dell and his private-equity partner Silver Lake to take Dell private in a $24.4 billion deal.
7. -- Hamburger chain McDonald's (MCD) is expected by Wall Street on Friday to post first-quarter earnings of $1.27 a share on revenue of $6.59 billion.
8. -- IBM (IBM) missed Wall Street's top- and bottom-line estimates in its first-quarter results as a weak Japanese yen weighed down profits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV