2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Friday is bare.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Thursday finished with losses. The S&P 500 lost 0.7% to close at 1,541.61.
4. -- One of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing is dead after the killing of a university officer and a shootout with police, and a massive manhunt is underway for the other, authorities said early Friday.
5. -- General Electric (GE - Get Report) posted first-quarter adjusted earnings on Friday of 35 cents a share, in-line with analysts' estimates.
6. -- Blackstone (BX) ended its pursuit of Dell (DELL), three people familiar with the matter told Reuters. The move by Blackstone eases the way for founder Michael Dell and his private-equity partner Silver Lake to take Dell private in a $24.4 billion deal.
7. -- Hamburger chain McDonald's (MCD) is expected by Wall Street on Friday to post first-quarter earnings of $1.27 a share on revenue of $6.59 billion.
8. -- IBM (IBM - Get Report) missed Wall Street's top- and bottom-line estimates in its first-quarter results as a weak Japanese yen weighed down profits.