GEORGE TOWN, Grand Cayman, April 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. ("HLSS" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:HLSS) today reported net income of $24.8 million, or $0.44 per ordinary share, for the first quarter of 2013. Additionally, the Company's Board of Directors today declared a monthly dividend of $0.14 per ordinary share for the months of April, May and June 2013.
"Despite continued low mortgage interest rates and modest improvement in the housing market, the trend toward lower prepayment speeds for HLSS' portfolio, which started in the middle of last year, has continued in the first quarter of this year," said Chairman William Erbey. "Our outlook on prepayment speeds for this portfolio has become increasingly positive fueled in part by Ocwen's continued success in resolving delinquent loans. This was certainly a factor in the Board's decision to increase our dividend to $0.14 per share for the second quarter of 2013."
"First quarter results were in line with our expectations after accounting for the benefit from lower than expected prepayments and amortization and the timing of the first quarter flow purchase from Ocwen," said President John Van Vlack. "Stable prepayment rates and access to long-term financing in the ABS market give us even greater visibility into our future earnings."First quarter business performance highlights include:
- On January 22, completed the issuance of $650 million one-year, $350 million three-year and $150 million five-year term notes secured by servicing advance receivables at a weighted average interest spread over LIBOR of 0.94%. Total proceeds of $1.15 billion were used to reduce borrowings on variable funding notes with a weighted average interest rate of one-month LIBOR plus 2.32%. Concurrent with this issuance, the aggregate commitment on our variable funding notes was reduced from $2 billion to $1 billion.
- On March 13, completed the flow acquisition of mortgage servicing assets related to non-agency mortgage loans with UPB of $15.9 billion from Ocwen Financial Corporation ("Ocwen") (NYSE:OCN) resulting in UPB of $92.5 billion as of March 31, 2013. Concurrent with this acquisition, the aggregate commitment on our variable funding notes was increased from $1.0 billion to $1.3 billion.
- Earnings included a $0.03 per share benefit from lower than expected amortization resulting from the 12.7% annualized prepayment rate for the first quarter versus the benchmark rate of 15%.
- There was no change in servicing asset valuation during the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV