SHANGHAI, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ("JinkoSolar" or the "Company") (NYSE: JKS), a leading global solar power product manufacturer, today announced that it will team up with the University of Western Ontario's ("UWO") Western Engineering to provide to their SunStang Solar Car Project JinkoSolar high-efficient polycrystalline solar cells. Named as "SunStang", the prototype is being developed to take part in this year's World Solar Challenge, an arduous 3,000 km road race from north to south Australia where competing cars are powered by Solar energy.
Some of the most crucial elements of this e-mobility are the PV units. To produce a car that will drive 3,000 km, propelled only by solar energy is a big challenge that requires the best and most reliable technology.
JinkoSolar's polycrystalline solar cells have been selected due to its high efficiency and superior performance under different extreme conditions, of high temperature and humidity."JinkoSolar is a pioneer in its field and embodies the qualities of a partner we would like to work with to spread our vision and message to promote renewable energy," says Patrick McJannett, project manager of UWO's Western Engineering. "We are honored to be able to provide Western Engineering with our high-efficient cells to power their newly designed solar racing car," commented Mr. Xiande Li, Chairman of JinkoSolar, "We wish them the best of luck and hope that their agile and powerful car will help to be placed in the best position at this year's World Solar Challenge in Canada." "In our Marketing Strategy we keep our local branding efforts in current and emerging Solar PV markets, such as Canada, where we expect great results in these coming 18 months. Sponsoring this Car racing where they utilize renewable energy sources, instead of oil, fits our Strategy," added Arturo Herrero, JinkoSolar's Chief Marketing Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV