Golub Capital BDC Inc. Stock Upgraded (GBDC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 48.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 50.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.19 million to $9.32 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$72.53 million or 24.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -80.99%.
- The gross profit margin for GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.20%. Regardless of GBDC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GBDC's net profit margin of 50.82% significantly outperformed against the industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts