Sucampo Pharmaceuticals Inc. A Stock Upgraded (SCMP)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- SCMP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 145.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 401.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.70 million to $13.53 million.
- 38.30% is the gross profit margin for SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 38.81% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 689.56% to $17.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -34.72%.
- SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.11 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 218.2% in earnings (-$0.13 versus $0.11).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.