First Majestic Silver Corp Stock Downgraded (AG)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, AG has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 22.78% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP reported lower earnings of $0.78 versus $0.98 in the prior year.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP is rather high; currently it is at 66.60%. Regardless of AG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AG's net profit margin of 31.47% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 142.24% to $48.19 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -50.24%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts