Results Of Pediatric Clinical Trial Of External Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation For The Treatment Of ADHD
"The results of this study are eagerly awaited by the treatment community, especially by pediatricians, child psychologists and child psychiatrists who not only see severe side effects from current drug therapies but also worry about the significant risks for diversion and abuse of these drugs," said Ian Cook, M.D., Director of the UCLA Depression Research & Clinic Program, where initial studies of eTNS began in psychiatric conditions. Dr. Cook is also one of the inventors of eTNS and a Senior Scientific Advisor to NeuroSigma.
Background - TNS The trigeminal nerve is the largest cranial nerve, offering a high-bandwidth pathway for signals to enter the brain. The trigeminal nerve projects to specific areas of the brain, such as the locus coeruleus, nucleus tractus solitarius, thalamus and the cerebral cortex, which are involved in epilepsy, depression, PTSD, ADHD and other disorders.
Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation (TNS) is the electrical stimulation of branches of the trigeminal nerve, which are located very close to the surface of the skin in the forehead. The low-energy stimulus is confined to the soft tissues of the forehead without direct penetration into the brain. PET imaging studies in humans confirm that eTNS activates or inhibits key regions implicated in these disorders and the changes were observed within minutes of therapy.
NeuroSigma is the exclusive worldwide licensee of UCLA's entire TNS intellectual property portfolio and continues to develop additional technologies and target additional indications.CAUTION: In the United States, both eTNS™ and sTNS™ are investigational devices and are limited by Federal (or United States) law to investigational use.
eTNS , sTNS, Monarch, and the Monarch eTNS are trademarks of NeuroSigma, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV