DUBLIN, Ohio, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wendy's Company (NASDAQ: WEN) today announced that its indirect wholly owned subsidiary, Wendy's International, Inc., has entered into an agreement to refinance its existing credit facility. Subject to certain closing conditions, the Company expects the transaction to close on May 16, 2013.
The Company expects this refinancing to generate more than $19 million in ongoing annual interest expense savings, in addition to the approximately $30 million in ongoing annual net interest expense savings from the Company's 2012 refinancing. Based on current market conditions, the refinancing represents a year-over-year reduction in interest expense of approximately 175 basis points.
Details of the refinancing are as follows:
- Refinancing of $350 million of the approximately $1,119 million senior secured Term Loan B into a new senior secured Term Loan A, which will have an interest rate margin of 2.25 percent for Eurodollar rate loans (and no floor) and will mature in May 2018, one year earlier than the Term Loan B.
- Extension of the maturity of the $200 million revolving credit facility by one year (from May 2017 to May 2018).
- Repricing of the remaining Term Loan B balance of approximately $769 million by reducing the interest rate margin from 3.5 percent to 2.5 percent for Eurodollar rate loans and by reducing the floor from 1.25 percent to 0.75 percent for Eurodollar rate loans.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts