ISTANBUL, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, ISE: TCELL), the leading communications and technology company in Turkey, commented briefly today on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum, by which the Supreme Court limited the jurisdictional reach of U.S. courts under the Alien Tort Statute. Ultimately the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia will resolve how the Kiobel decision impacts the case, which Turkcell anticipates may be addressed in the coming weeks. Any comment on the impact of the decision on the case is inappropriate before action by the U.S. district court, and Turkcell will withhold further comment at this time.
Turkcell already provided the U.S. district court with a detailed description of MTN's extensive business dealings in the United States supporting personal jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV