CANTON, Mass., April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Brands, the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins, today announced that starting early next week approximately 2,000 participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine will collect donations from guests, starting at $1, to be distributed to The One Fund Boston.
In addition to the week-long collection from guests, Dunkin' Brands will make a $100,000 donation to The One Fund Boston, a central fund announced by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, to support families of those impacted by Monday's tragic events at the Boston Marathon.
In the days following the explosions, Dunkin' Brands franchisees have worked to support emergency workers in the community, including sending trucks to serve coffee and hot chocolate."We are an organization with proud Boston roots, and our hearts are with those who were affected by the events at the Boston Marathon," said Nigel Travis, CEO of Dunkin' Brands. "We hope the donation to The One Fund Boston will help victims and their families during this difficult time." To learn more about The One Fund Boston please visit onefundboston.org. About Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. With more than 17,400 points of distribution in nearly 60 countries worldwide, Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) is one of the world's leading franchisors of quick service restaurants (QSR) serving hot and cold coffee and baked goods, as well as hard-serve ice cream. At the end of fiscal year 2012, Dunkin' Brands' nearly 100 percent franchised business model included more than 10,400 Dunkin' Donuts restaurants and nearly 7,000 Baskin-Robbins restaurants. For the full-year 2012, the company had franchisee-reported sales of approximately $8.8 billion. Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. is headquartered in Canton, Mass. SOURCE Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV