MORRISTOWN, N.J., April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) continues to conduct vegetation management work in communities across its 13 county service area. The work is being done to maintain proper clearances around electrical equipment and help protect against tree-related storm damage. Since January, JCP&L-certified tree experts have trimmed more than 1,300 circuit miles in northern and central New Jersey.
In April, JCP&L vegetation management work is taking place in the following counties and municipalities.
- Essex County – Livingston
- Hunterdon County – Alexandria, Flemington, Frenchtown, Kingwood, Lambertville, Raritan, and West Amwell.
- Middlesex County – Jamesburg, Old Bridge, Monroe, Spotswood, and Sayreville
- Monmouth County – Asbury Park, Belmar, Brielle, Englishtown, Manasquan, Matawan, Ocean, Neptune, Rumson, Sea Girt, Tinton Falls, Wall and West Long Branch.
- Morris County – Boonton, Chatham, Chester, Dover, Florham Park, Kinnelon, Jefferson, Lincoln Park, Mendham, Mine Hill, Montville, Morristown, Randolph, Riverdale, and Roxbury
- Ocean County – Berkeley, Brick, Barnegat, Island Heights, Lakewood, Point Pleasant, Ocean Gate and Toms River
- Passaic County – Wanaque and Wayne
- Somerset County – Bedminster, Bernards Township, Bernardsville, Branchburg, and Peapack- Gladstone
- Sussex County – Andover, Blairstown, Franklin, Hardyston, Lafayette, Newton, Ogdensburg and Sparta.
- Warren County – Blairstown
All vegetation management work is conducted by JCP&L's certified forestry contractors, including: Aspen Tree Service, Asplundh Tree Expert Company, DTE, Jaflo Inc., Lewis Tree Service Inc., Nelson Tree Service Inc., and Treesmiths Inc.
To help maintain safe and reliable electric service, JCP&L regularly trims or removes trees and conducts vegetation management work along its electric distribution lines on a four year cycle. The company's certified forestry experts inspect vegetation near the lines to ensure trees are pruned in a manner that preserves the health of the tree, while also maintaining a safe distance from electric facilities. In some cases, trees that present a danger or are diseased may also be removed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV