MONTREAL, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI) has earned a 2012 National Achievement Award from Transportation Community Awareness and Emergency Response (TRANSCAER®) in recognition of its ongoing work to help communities understand the movement of hazardous materials and what is required in the event of transportation incidents.
Through TRANSCAER®, CN works with partner chemical companies to support communities with information sessions and training and simulations for community leaders and first-responders about hazardous commodities.
The national TRANSCAER® award recognizes extraordinary achievements that support the organization's emergency preparedness efforts. CN has won a National Achievement Award for four consecutive years.
In 2012, CN conducted more than 260 TRANSCAER® events in Canada and the United States involving more than 4,400 participants.Jim Vena, CN executive vice-president and chief operating officer, said: "We are honoured to receive the TRANSCAER® award. CN is committed to operating a safe railway and we work closely with the communities where we operate to be ready to respond quickly to an incident. "We are proud that CN's continued efforts to go beyond the normal call of duty to advocate and implement the principles of TRANSCAER® have been recognized once again." CN - Canadian National Railway Company and its operating railway subsidiaries - spans Canada and mid-America, from the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to the Gulf of Mexico, serving the ports of Vancouver, Prince Rupert, B.C., Montreal, Halifax, New Orleans, and Mobile, Ala., and the key metropolitan areas of Toronto, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Duluth, Minn./ Superior, Wis., Green Bay, Wis., Minneapolis/St. Paul, Memphis, and Jackson, Miss., with connections to all points in North America. For more information on CN, visit the company's website at www.cn.ca SOURCE CN
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV