NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Critics from the peanut gallery of emotion will claim this article hits to coincide with Apple's (AAPL) plunge below $400. From a symbolic standpoint, maybe so, but I have been weaving parts of this narrative together for months.
Skim this article from March 13, 2013 -- Tim Cook Might Have Made an Absolutely Devastating Mistake. It hammers home the core of the thesis AAPL bears chose and choose to ignore. On Page Two, it links to two more key pieces that do what few others are willing to do. Call into question the decision to consummate and continue Tim Cook's tenure as Apple CEO.
October 1, 2012: If Steve Jobs Were Alive He Would Fire Tim Cook
CNBC made a big deal about that one:
And then ...(JCP)? There's one significant difference: Johnson took over a mess, whereas Cook inherited a company firing on all cylinders. The trajectory of the two names, by and large, has been about the same. Of course, relative to JCP, AAPL enjoys a slight bit of cushion. AAPL data by YCharts
But there are so many similarities. Apple and J.C. Penney hired men who performed admirably under Steve Jobs. Both boards of directors went all-in, convinced that Cook and Johnson delivered true unfiltered results. At this point, however, it's all but an objective statement of fact -- these cats enjoyed the rare thrill of riding shotgun with Steve Jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV