Updated with market close information.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
Bank of America DisappointsBank of America reported a first-quarter profit of $2.6 billion, or 20 cents a share, increasing from $732 million, or 3 cents a share in the fourth quarter, and $653 million, or 3 cents a share, in the first quarter of 2012. Pretax results for the fourth quarter had been lowered by $2.5 billion in costs for independent foreclosure reviews, and $2.7 billion in charges related to the company's $10.3 billion settlement of a long-term dispute with Fannie Mae (FNMA), over mortgage repurchase claims. The first-quarter results disappointed investors, coming in below the consensus analyst estimate of a 22 cents a share. Bank of America's first-quarter revenue totaled $23.7 billion, increasing from $22.5 billion a year earlier, and coming in ahead of the consensus estimate of $23.41 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV