HOUSTON, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --VAALCO Energy, Inc. (NYSE: EGY) today announced that Robert H. Allen, 85, will retire from the Board of Directors of VAALCO after the Company's 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders on June 5, 2013. Mr. Allen has served as a Director for VAALCO since 2003 and will not seek re-election.
"We are very grateful for Bob's contributions to VAALCO's Board, and wish him the best of luck in his future pursuits," said
Robert Gerry, Chairman and CEO. "During Bob's tenure, we have built out our infrastructure offshore
Gabon and diversified VAALCO's portfolio of assets. Bob's leadership and experience has been a great resource for VAALCO and we thank him for his valuable service."
About VAALCOVAALCO Energy, Inc. is a Houston based independent energy company principally engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil. VAALCO's strategy is to increase reserves and production through the exploration and exploitation of oil and natural gas properties with high emphasis on international opportunities. The company's properties and exploration acreage are located primarily in Gabon, Angola and Equatorial Guinea in West Africa.
SOURCE VAALCO Energy, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV