Apple Broke; Stock Market Will Follow
Apple (AAPL) is the most valuable and influential stock in global stock markets based on a combination of market capitalization and its trading volume.
Although Apple's stock price decoupled from the broader market several months ago due to idiosyncratic factors specific to Apple, I believe that any further downside for the stock will serve as an indicator of more widespread worries about sales growth and profit margins for the stock market as a whole.
The importance of Apple does not merely arise from the huge weighting (about 5%) that Apple's EPS represents in the overall EPS for the S&P 500
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV