NEW YORK, April 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announced today that trading of Fairway Group Holdings Corporation's [Fairway Market] common stock (Nasdaq:FWM) commenced on The NASDAQ Stock Market on Wednesday, April 17, 2013. Fairway Market, listed under the ticker symbol FWM, is a high-growth food retailer offering customers a differentiated one-stop shopping experience "Like No Other Market."
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=18191
Located in the tri-state area, specifically New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as well as New York City, Fairway Market is an innovative food retailer that offers customers an extensive selection of fresh, natural and organic products, prepared foods and specialty and gourmet items, as well as conventional grocery products. Fairway market creates a premier food shopping experience that appeals to a broad demographic by offering large product selection, in-store experience and value pricing. Fairway has been listed on Inc.'s top 5,000 fastest growing private companies for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011."Fairway Market has created a truly unique grocery destination by offering customers a broad product selection of hard-to-find specialty and gourmet offerings at value prices," said Nelson Griggs, Senior Vice President, NASDAQ OMX. "We are excited to welcome Fairway Market to the list of innovative companies that call NASDAQ home and we look forward to their continued growth and success in the future." NASDAQ has consistently been the exchange of choice for innovative, industry-leading companies such as Fairway Market. Fairway market joins the ranks of leading NASDAQ-listed food retailers and grocery destinations including, Whole Foods Market Inc, Costco, Fresh Market Inc, Village Super Market Inc., and Chef's Warehouse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV