- Although it is too soon to declare a secular shift to equities, U.S.-stock funds gathered inflows of $21.5 billion in the first three months of the year, marking the first positive quarter for the asset class since the beginning of 2011 and the best quarter since 2004.
- Investors continue to embrace international-stock funds, which took in $12.1 billion in March and $47.0 billion for the quarter.
- Relative to total assets, alternative and commodities funds had strong March inflows, collecting $2.0 billion and $1.4 billion, respectively. For the quarter, alternatives saw inflows of $9.2 billion, the best three months on record for the asset class.
- Vanguard and PIMCO continue to capture the vast majority of industry inflows, while American Funds experienced redemptions in March after inflows in January and February.
Morningstar Reports U.S. Mutual Fund Asset Flows Through March 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts