RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Triangle Community Foundation today issued the 2013 GSK IMPACT Awards Call for Applications. This annual awards program will honor up to ten local nonprofits in Research Triangle Park, NC and the surrounding region with $40,000 each in recognition of their achievements and innovations in improving community health.
"At a time when so many families and communities are facing increasing health challenges, local nonprofits – particularly smaller organizations – continue to play a vital role in improving the health of our state," said Katie Loovis, Director, U.S. Community Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement, GlaxoSmithKline. "We are seeking to honor ten unique and exemplary local programs for their commitment to our region and positive influence on the communities they serve."
The GSK IMPACT Awards honor innovative, collaborative, and evidence-based programs that are helping people – especially underserved populations – live healthier lives, and contributing to the health of the Triangle Region.
To qualify for a GSK IMPACT Award applicants must be physically located in Chatham, Durham, Granville, Person, Orange, and/or Wake Counties and have annual total operating expenses between $160,000 and $5 million. To view the additional criteria and to apply, visit www . gskimpact - us . com. The application deadline is Friday, May 31, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. EDT. For questions, contact GlaxoSmithKline Community Partnerships at (919) 483-2669 or GSK US-Communications@gsk.com."Improving the health of a community is as difficult as it is important," said Triangle Community Foundation President Lori O'Keefe. "The GSK IMPACT Awards provide not only a generous financial reward to deserving nonprofits, but the awards also show the nation that some of the most promising social innovations in community health are happening right here in North Carolina." The scope of this year's GSK IMPACT Awards has expanded to focus on improving access to health. Eligible programs now include ones that promote healthy lifestyles, advance educational outcomes, and address other determinants of our health. The expanded focus aligns with GSK's efforts to explore what it means, and what it takes to be a healthy community. In 2012, GSK kicked off an initiative to better understand how it can more effectively partner to build healthy communities, and this work continues in 2013. A panel comprised of local and national health experts and representatives from GSK will evaluate the applications. Finalists will be notified in the summer, and winners will be notified in the fall following site visits to observe the submitted projects. The GSK IMPACT Awards will be presented at a ceremony in the Research Triangle Park in late 2013. The History of GSK IMPACT Awards:
- For 17 years, GSK has honored outstanding nonprofit programs that are improving access to health in and around our U.S. corporate campuses in Durham, North Carolina and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with GSK IMPACT Awards.
- To date, 157 exemplary U.S.-based nonprofits have been honored with $6,214,000 in GSK IMPACT Awards. And more than one million dollars has been awarded to 28 local nonprofit organizations in the Research Triangle Park and surrounding region since 2009.
- The name 'IMPACT' derives from the focus that winners must have demonstrated in their application submissions: Innovation, Management, Partnership, Achievement, Community Focus, and Targeting Need.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV