Deadline to submit an application is May 1, 2013
TORONTO, April 17, 2013 /CNW/ - RBC today announced the members of the jury panel for the 15 th anniversary of the RBC Canadian Painting Competition. The jury will help determine the winner and two honourable mentions, and award $115,000 in total prize money, the largest prize of its kind in Canada.
"Each year the jury panel does a remarkable job identifying the best and the brightest of Canada's emerging visual artists and we expect the 15th year of the RBC competition to be no exception," said Ann Webb, executive director, Canadian Art Foundation and publisher, Canadian Art Magazine.
More than 500 works are submitted to this national competition, which was established in 1999 by RBC, with the support of the Canadian Art Foundation, to help nurture Canadian visual artists in the early stages of their careers.Selected for their expertise, knowledge and commitment to the visual arts, this year's jury panel, which includes curators, gallery directors, senior artists, educators and writers, consists of: Western Canada
- Ian Wallace - Senior Artist, Vancouver
- Holger Kalberg - Artist and Assistant Professor, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
- Ryan Doherty - Curator, Southern Alberta Art Gallery, Lethbridge
- Sarah Milroy - Art critic, Toronto
- Daniel Faria - Gallery Director, Daniel Faria Gallery, Toronto
- Carol Wainio - Artist and Adjunct Professor, University of Ottawa, Ottawa
- Pan Wendt - Curator, Confederation Centre Art Gallery, Charlottetown
- Stéphane Aquin - Curator of Contemporary Art, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Montreal
- Isa Tousignant - Writer and Editor, Montreal
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts