- 1.4 megawatt power plant to be installed by the end of 2013
- Project completed under State of Connecticut's multi-year LREC program
DANBURY, Conn., April 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:FCEL), a global leader in the design, manufacture, operation and service of ultra-clean, efficient and reliable fuel cell power plants, today announced the sale of a megawatt-class fuel cell power plant for installation at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut. Hartford Steam Company, owned by Energenic of Mays Landing, New Jersey, purchased the fuel cell power plant and will sell the ultra-clean electricity and steam generated by the power plant to Hartford Hospital under a long term energy purchase agreement (EPA) that will result in savings to the Hospital. Excess heat not used by the hospital will be supplied to the district heating system in Hartford that is owned and operated by Hartford Steam and serves the Learning Corridor Corporation, a magnet school system.
"The ability of the fuel cell power plant to produce both electricity and steam from the same unit of fuel supports the attractive economics of this installation," said Derek Rudd, President, Hartford Steam Company. "We are interested in diversifying our combined heat and power generation portfolio and the low emission profile of this on-site power plant supports our sustainability and green initiatives."
Hartford Hospital, with 867 beds for patient care, is one of the largest teaching hospitals and tertiary care centers in New England. The EPA structure will allow the hospital to benefit from ultra-clean on-site power as well as recognize cost savings from the high efficiency of the fuel cell power plant."Our power plants are easy to site due to their clean air profile, quiet operations, relatively modest space requirements, and continuous power production," said Ben Toby, Vice President Eastern Region and International Sales, FuelCell Energy, Inc. "Our fuel cell power plants are well suited for supporting district energy systems such as the Hartford Steam system as they are scalable to create multi-megawatt large co-generation systems."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV