HARP stands for Home Affordable Refinance Program. The program was put in place by the Federal Housing Finance Agency and expanded by President Obama last year to enable qualified borrowers with mortgage loans held by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to refinance their entire loan balances, no matter how much the value of the collateral home has declined.
Huntington's shares were up 1% in premarket trading to $7.26.
The stock closed at $7.22 Tuesday, returning 14% this year, following a 19% return during 2012. The shares trade for 1.2 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $5.91, and for 10.5 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of 69 cents. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is 67 cents.
The company increased its quarterly payout to 5 cents a share, for a dividend yield of 2.77%. Huntington's board has authorized share buybacks of up to $227 million. The company's share repurchases during the first quarter totaled 4.7 million shares during the first quarter, at an average price of $7.07.HBAN data by YCharts
Interested in more on Huntington Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV