The six companies I cover today represent five overvalued sectors.
Companies reporting after the close on Thursday:
Google (GOOG) ($793.37) is a hold rated stock in the computer and technology sector which is 7.8% overvalued. Google hit an all-time high at $844.00 on March 6 and since then has been trading under the hype of several Wall Street price targets at $1,000.00. The stock is positioned below its 50-day SMA at $800.28 pre-earnings. The weekly chart profile will be negative on a close this week below the five-week MMA at $791.46. My quarterly value level is $732.99 with a weekly pivot at $411.41 and monthly risky level at $849.45.
IBM (IBM) ($212.00) is a buy rated Dow component in the computer and technology sector. The stock set a multi-year high at $215.90 on March 15. The weekly chart profile is positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $209.31. My monthly value level is $206.01 with a weekly risky level at $218.32.
Microsoft (MSFT) ($28.97) is a Dow component in the computer and technology sector that has recently been downgraded to hold from buy. The stock spiked to a 2013 high at $30.32 on April 10 then fell to its 200-day SMA at $28.16. The weekly chart profile is neutral on declining momentum and last week's close above the five-week MMA at $28.43. My annual value level is $27.92 with an annual pivot at $28.57 and quarterly risky level at $30.91.
Companies reporting pre-market on Friday:General Electric (GE) ($23.10) is a buy rated stock Dow component in the multi-sector conglomerate sector which is 0.3% overvalued. GE set a multi-year high at $23.90 on March 8. The weekly chart profile shifts to negative on a Friday close below the five-week MMA at $23.10. My annual value level is $21.09 with a monthly risky level at $23.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV