NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments ®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire April 2013 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the following:
- The Calamos Investment Committee continues to have a cautiously optimistic global outlook.
- We expect the U.S. and emerging markets to lead the recovery; euro zone GDP growth remains our major concern.
- Equities, particularly U.S. growth equities, are compelling by many measures.
- Economic growth supports convertible issuance, and we have seen this relationship affirmed over recent months, globally. A recovering global economy provides a favorable environment for a widening pool of convertibles.
- Although we are constructive on the markets and economy, investors should be prepared for volatility, including a correction off recent market highs.
- Long-term perspective remains essential. History shows that secular bull markets don't announce themselves.
Calamos Investments ® is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments, among others. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.Calamos serves professional/sophisticated investors around the world through Calamos Global Funds plc (UCITS), distributed by Calamos Investments LLP, London, United Kingdom. For more information, please visit www.calamos.com. This material is distributed for informational purposes only. The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice.