SAN JOSE, Calif., April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Central Concrete, a U.S. Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ-USCR) company, today announced that it supplied its concrete mix designs for three new San Francisco Bay Area projects – the recently opened Exploratorium in San Francisco, Devil's Slide Tunnel and Bridges, and Stanford's Bing Concert Hall.
San Francisco Exploratorium – Grand Opening April 17, 2013 San Francisco's New Exploratorium, with its 330,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space on Pier 15, was planned so that its design and construction would contribute to sustainability and net-zero energy goals. Bode Concrete, a Central Concrete company, provided the concrete for this renowned science museum. Several mixes were specified, including low-CO 2 mixes for the foundation elements.
Devil's Slide Tunnels and Bridges – Grand Opening March 25, 2013 Central Concrete supplied the concrete mix designs for the long-awaited Devil's Slide twin tunnels and bridges, California's first highway tunnel in nearly 50 years.
Located along the coast between Pacifica and Montara, the Devil's Slide portion of Route 1 has had a history of road closures due to rockslides and land slippage since its construction in 1937. Today's multi-phased project included the construction of twin tunnels that will allow motorists to bypass these major slide areas. The tunnels are about 4,100 feet long, 30 feet wide, 22 feet high and 60 feet apart and required roughly 225,000 cubic yards of excavation and 80,000 cubic yards of tunnel concrete.The Devil's Slide project also included twin bridges spanning a valley. The two bridges are concrete, cast-in-place, segmental bridges, made up of more than 13,300 cubic yards of concrete, plus 1,100 cubic yards of concrete for the footings. To address the challenging environmental and site restrictions, Central Concrete established a portable plant on the job site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV